C18 Updates

Thanks to the tests with carbon fiber and balsa sandwiches (more on that here), I was able to start a partial redesign of the C-18, to simplify the structure and give it more strenght at the same time.

At the moment the attention is focused on the important area of the mid fuselage and central part of the wing, which holds most of the weight: batteries, equipment, engines, and the main landing gear are all located there, not counting the two main access doors and the possible option of the bomb bay/camera holder just in the middle of it.

The engine cowls are also being redesigned, both them and the nose cone (removable) are now made of light fiberglass, out of silicone moulds (process which will be of course tested soon)

As a side note, I also update the rendering engine to give a slightly better representation of the final product.

Share this post on:

Share on facebook
Share on pinterest

Other posts about Radio-controlled planes:

A1-D Final steps

Previous Next With the Tundra and the Juliet in flying order, I enjoyed the first part of the season at the field having fun. Still,

Read More »

A1-D Construction

Previous Next After we cut and tested all the parts several times without glue, it was time to start the A1-D construction. It is very important, with

Read More »

A1-D Building Starts

Previous Next The A1-D, or Juliet II project has slowly made progress during the flying season of 2018. But with the arrival of this fall,

Read More »

A1-D Project

Previous Next While rebuilding the Juliet, I had plenty of ideas on how the structure could have been improved, lightened and made easier to “operate”.

Read More »
Close Menu

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.