C18 Updates

Thanks to the tests with carbon fiber and balsa sandwiches (more on that here), I was able to start a partial redesign of the C-18, to simplify the structure and give it more strenght at the same time.

At the moment the attention is focused on the important area of the mid fuselage and central part of the wing, which holds most of the weight: batteries, equipment, engines, and the main landing gear are all located there, not counting the two main access doors and the possible option of the bomb bay/camera holder just in the middle of it.

The engine cowls are also being redesigned, both them and the nose cone (removable) are now made of light fiberglass, out of silicone moulds (process which will be of course tested soon)

As a side note, I also update the rendering engine to give a slightly better representation of the final product.

Share this post on:

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on pinterest
Pinterest

Other posts about Radio-controlled planes:

A1-C2 Juliet

A1-C2 Update

After what has been an unexpeted series of successful flights, it eventually came the day on which I dared a bit too much a bit

Read More »

C18 Project

One of the reasons why I decided to come back to the hobby, was to try out FPV (First Person View) flying. With the A1-C

Read More »
Close Menu

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.