For the first time in over 20 years, the plane is complete in all its parts! Still during the last days there were lots of minor improvements and re-engeneering of a few areas, but it all went smoothly. The main concern was to get the CG right, or as close as possible, withot having to add ballast to center the model. During the redesign of the model I moved a lot of weight to the tail to anticipate the extra weight of the canopy and main landing gear, which at the end turned much, much lighter than I thought.  As a result, I improved the position of the electric components to free up space and be able to move the batteries all the way to the firewall, with the ESC sitting flat in the bottom of the engine cowl, directly exposed to the airflow. The last minute addition of a separate BEC to run receiver and servos required a rewiring of the electronics, but finally everything came up together nicely.

After touching up a few imperfections, was the time for the final sanding and the covering with the plastic film.

Again some details required improvement but nothing major. We tried to have some stickers cut for us in the local copy shop but at the end we resolved by hand cutting our on logos from adesive paper using our home printer to draw the lines.

Close Menu